“I want to thank the staff at Suburban Speech Center for all your hard work. Your team approach is incredible. – Michele S.
The CABAT Team:
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA)
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Special Education Teachers/ABA Therapists
- Parents and other caregivers
- Physicians and other health professionals
- School Personnel
The CABAT Program includes one or more of the following components:
- Initial Assessment: The Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment & Placement Program (VBMAPP); includes periodic re-assessment to measure gains and to advance treatment goals and objectives.
- Therapy consisting of Individual ABA & VB therapy sessions, and co-treatment therapy sessions.
- School observations to ensure that the child’s academic and social goals are being met and to provide the necessary strategies.
- Participation in the IEP process and meetings so that the child is receiving the appropriate education in the least restricted environment.
- Work closely with school personnel and other therapists.
- Home training may include parents, siblings and other caregivers.
- Communication with the physician(s) and other specialists to discuss the appropriate needs of the child.
- Conferences with parents and other caregivers to provide feedback and ongoing training for transition of skills into the home and school environments.
- Participation in small group sessions to reinforce pragmatic-language skills (Practice Playce).