“I want to thank the staff at Suburban Speech Center for all your hard work. Your team approach is incredible. – Michele S.
The Comprehensive ABA Treatment Program
The Comprehensive ABA Treatment (CABAT) Program is based upon the science of ABA. ABA is currently the only intervention endorsed by the Surgeon General for individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In addition to utilizing the principles and procedures of “traditional” ABA programs, CABAT incorporates B.F. Skinner’s analysis of language using Verbal Behavior (VB) to maximize a child’s ability to develop functional communication.
The CABAT program incorporates individualized structured therapy combined with natural environment instruction to meet the needs of each child. Our comprehensive program includes carryover of learned skills into the home and school settings.
The CABAT Team:
- Board Certified Behavior Analysts (BCBA)
- Speech-Language Pathologists
- Special Education Teachers/ABA Therapists
- Parents and other caregivers
- Physicians and other health professionals
- School Personnel
The CABAT Program includes one or more of the following components:
- Initial Assessment: The Verbal Behavior Milestones Assessment & Placement Program (VBMAPP); includes periodic re-assessment to measure gains and to advance treatment goals and objectives.
- Therapy consisting of Individual ABA & VB therapy sessions, and co-treatment therapy sessions.
- School observations to ensure that the child’s academic and social goals are being met and to provide the necessary strategies.
- Participation in the IEP process and meetings so that the child is receiving the appropriate education in the least restricted environment.
- Work closely with school personnel and other therapists.
- Home training may include parents, siblings and other caregivers.
- Communication with the physician(s) and other specialists to discuss the appropriate needs of the child.
- Conferences with parents and other caregivers to provide feedback and ongoing training for transition of skills into the home and school environments.
- Participation in small group sessions to reinforce pragmatic-language skills (Practice Playce).